From Sunday 25th July we will be singing again as a church congregation in our 9.30am Holy Communion services in Coppull Parish Church (Sundays 25th July, 8th & 22nd August) and in St John the Divine, Coppull (Sundays 1st, 15th and 29th August)! Following government guidelines, the wearing of face coverings will be a matter of personal choice.
For many people, these changes will be a matter of great joy. Others may feel concerned or fearful. Because we are still concerned to limit potential spread of coronavirus, and to preserve love and unity amongst the church family:
· We will still be asking people to sit every other pew, to preserve social distance.
· We will continue the consecration and distribution of Holy Communion as we have been doing since July last year.
· We ask those who feel confident to sing / not to wear masks to sit towards the front of our buildings, so those who prefer to continue to wear a mask and who feel nervous of congregational singing can sit towards the back.
· We will continue to provide online services on our Facebook page.
Keep trusting God; keep loving one another.
Yours in Christ,
PS In case you’re wondering, the hymns chosen for our first Sunday of congregational singing (25th July) are:
· Great is Thy faithfulness
· Glory to God in the highest (sung, rather than said!)
· The Lord’s my shepherd (Stuart Townend version)
· Lord Jesus Christ, You have come to us
· Lord, for the years your love has kept and guided